Services available from the Practice
Links Medical Practice has signed a contract with NHS Grampian to provide the following Services:
All GPs must provide essential services, that is, basic treatment of ill people.
Links Medical Practice also provides the following “additional services”:
- Child health surveillance, together with the Health Visiting team
- Contraceptive services including contraceptive advice, oral contraceptive pills, contraceptive injections and implant fitting, and IUCD (coil) insertion.
- Maternity services in the ante-natal and post-natal period, together with the midwives from the Aberdeen Maternity Hospital
- Routine immunisation of children, together with the Health Visiting team
- Immunisation for adults in relation to travel.
- Cervical smears
- Minor Surgery Clinics: for the removal of various small skin lesions
Links Medical Practice also has a contract with NHS Grampian to provide the following “enhanced services”:
- An annual flu immunisation programme to protect the elderly and at risk
- Regular monitoring, by blood and urine tests, for patients on a range of drugs for arthritis.
- Regular monitoring, by blood tests for patients on warfarin.
- Annual comprehensive reviews for patients with heart disease
- Annual comprehensive review for patients with diabetes.
- Minor Injury Service
Please note that not all of the doctors provide all of the services. This is a Practice Contract.Maternity Care
We offer shared care with the staff of Aberdeen Maternity Hospital. Midwife Nicola Campbell, RGN M, runs weekly antenatal and postnatal clinics.Foreign Travel
Our practice nurses will be pleased to advise you on the injections needed for travel to any part of the world, along with other relevant information such as precautions to take about drinking water and similar matters.NB: not all vaccinations for foreign travel are covered under the NHS, some vaccinations may attract a private fee. (Please note you must complete travel questionnaire form in the first instance) Please see link on right hand side of page. Minor Surgery
Various small operations under local anesthetic are undertaken at the surgery. This service has proved to be beneficial to our patients
We are keen to give all our patients who smoke as much help as possible to stop. Please ask at reception or at any consultation for information and support. You may also obtain advise from your local pharmacist.
Most of the services provided within the practice are free under the National Health Service. However, this does not cover examinations for special purposes (e.g. fitness to drive or to undertake certain sports); the completion of forms such as holiday cancellations or sickness insurance claims; private medical insurance claim forms; or certain travel vaccinations. You must complete a request form and payment must be made on request. Request forms are available at reception.